COVID. Texas Central Rail + COVID Recovery
How far along is this high speed rail project?
- It received Federal Railroad Administration this week
- Next stop Surface Transportation board approval.
- “will proceed to construction as soon as possible “
- Initial cost estimates of $10 billion have doubled to $20 billion
What are opponents saying?
- Congressman Kevin Brady “They are still saying they will break ground this year. No they will not.”
- Re-route the Route: will forever will alter the landscape with electrical lines and berms to elevate the track
- State Representative Leman: “Since their conception, Texas Central has lied to its investors and Texans about this project,”
How does COVID factor in?
- Texas Central Rail says the project will be economically beneficial and will help with COVID economic recovery
- COVID brings funding challenges for governments, and Texas Central Rail is ” insolvent and fatally flawed project” and will cost taxpayer revenue
Houston Chronicle via Governing | Houston-Dallas’ High-Speed Rail Line: Full Steam Ahead