New Kid on the Block US EV Lobby Coalition
Does this new EV lobby coalition have a name? Yes, Zero Emission Transportation Association
Who is in Zero Emission Transportation Association ?
- major U.S. utilities: ConEdison, Duke Energy, PG&E
- EV charging companies: Chargepoint and EVgo,
- Automakers: Lordstown Motors, Rivian and Lucid Motors
- Battery makers: Albemarle Corp, Piedmont Lithium and Siemens
What are its policy goals?
- boost consumer electric vehicle incentives
- encourage the retirement of gasoline-powered vehicles
- support tougher emissions and performance standards
- enable full electrification by 2030
CNBC | U.S. utilities, Tesla, Uber create lobby group for electric vehicle industry to boost sales
Houston Chronicle | Utilities, Tesla form lobbying group to push electric vehicles
Government Technology | EV Stakeholders Advocate for 100 Percent EV Adoption by 2030